Add me on Snapchat! Username: banangharaibeh https://www.snapchat.com/add/banangharaibeh
Cold crispy wind today even from last night,this weather makes one craving something sweet to keep warm maybe.
My cousin posted this kind of dessert the other day with the ingredients and method looked easy and yummy and it really is so it’s now officially Amneh’s Cake,thank you dear cousin.
Lunch was lentil soup and chicken liver also good in this weather.
Ingredients and method :
* 4 cups flour.
* 3 cups semolina.
* 2 big spoons ground anise seeds.
* 2 big spoons roasted sesame seeds.
* 2 big spoons anise seeds soaked in warm water.
* 1 1/2 big spoons instant yeast.
* 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
* 1/2 cup sugar. (my addition not originally in recipe)
* sugar syrup to cover when done.
* mix all ingredients together,water and seeds also till you get a soft dough.
* leave to rest and rise in a warm place for one hour.
* bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes till golden from edges.
* roast surface till golden also.
* pour cold syrup on it while still hot.
Note: this recipe will be great for Christmas dinner, nice aromatic flavor.
It was a pleasure to welcome my old university colleagues this morning for breakfast,though we don’t meet much but it’s always a pleasure to see them, good memories and lots of laughter 🙂
Food was simple and delicious or is it the company that makes it enjoyable? cheeses,labaneh,cream cheese and jam from yesterday and a selection of croissants filled with salmon and turkey.
Dessert was these chewy walnut caramel truffles I made last night and a dish of fruits , found the recipe on Pinterest but made few changes, taste is just perfect.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 cup crushed walnuts.
* 2 cups crushed plain biscuits.
* 1/4 cup brown sugar.
* 1/4 cup maple syrup.
* 2 tablespoons cream.
* melted chocolate.
* Mix all ingredients together except chocolate then form it into small balls.
* line in wax paper and cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
* dip in melted chocolate and cool again,you can decorate top with walnuts while still hot.
These will be excellent for Christmas by the way,can be done and stored a week ahead.
I’m so happy and excited to see my first recipe published in the prestigious and well known magazine Family Flavors.
Hopefully this is the beginning of a long term cooperation in the coming year,this was the first article in December issue to be followed by more Inshallah.
Thank Family Flavors team for your support and help ❤
Today’s lunch idea is from my dear cousin living in Rome,she’s a great source of many dishes I did, love her recipes because I feel they’re original or taken from Italian housewives not books and restaurants. Thank you dear you always give me new ideas which are always yummy.
Though courgettes in Rome look different than ours but guess taste is similar, I even did some pumpkins with them. Idea is to stuff them with meat only and I made rice on the side.Taste is really yummy and everybody loved it.
I also made a small side dish from the remaining meat,stuffed them with mozzarella cheese and made them balls,coated with bread crumbs then sauteed them in some oil.Amazing with some thick tomato sauce as dip on the side.
Ingredients and method:
* hollowed courgettes ( cut them from both sides)
* mined meat mixed with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs( or 1 egg and little breadcrumbs as you prefer),salt,pepper,some chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.
* For the sauce:
* finely chopped tomatoes ( 4-5) or a can.
* 1 stick celery.
* 1 small onion.
* 1 small carrot.
* basil leaves,salt and pepper.
* mix meat well and stuff courgettes then line them in a Pyrex or oven pan.
* chop onion,celery very fine and saute in olive oil.
* add grated carrot and tomatoes.
* add a bit of water and leave to simmer till thick.
* pour over courgettes,cover and leave in the oven for one hour till done.
Note : I used remaining meat mix to make mozzarella stuffed balls.
My cousin sent this YouTube video on our family group a while ago,wanted to do it since then,a great substitute to ready cream cheese in a cup like Puck or Kiri, at least it’s fresh and doesn’t contain any additives or chemicals. It’s even good for sweets cause you can adapt it’s salty taste as you prefer or add a bit of fresh cream to increase the richness. Loved it 💜
My sweet niece was visiting today and we made it together, always a fantastic helper. She even loved it so much and ate all the scraps, took a jar with her of course.
Ingredients and method :
* 3 liters fresh cow milk (not powdered or pasteurized )
* 1/4 cup white vinegar .
* 1 tsp salt.
* boil milk well then add vinegar and keep stirring till milk splits to cheese or curd and water.
* remove curd from water and put it in a sieve till all water is out.
* add salt and mix well.
* beat cheese with hand mixer and keep adding some of the milk water till you get a creamy mixture .
* fill in glass jars and refrigerate .
Try it is really yummy ,ask Anoud if you like 🙂
In addition to routine shopping I went to the butcher this morning, though I’m not a meat expert but I managed to get what I want with the help of the friendly butcher in Miles store.
My youngest son who’s a big meat lover asked for lamb chops,even searched for a new kind of marinate or seasoning and came out with this one to try, really delicious mind that meat is very tender and fresh also.
I made some potatoes mixed with herbs and spices, some Greek quesadilas cause I have some tortillas from last week that must be used before they ruin and a big bowl of salad.
Excellent meal to end the weekend 🙂
Marinate for lamb chops :
* 1/4 cup honey.
* 1/4 cup soy sauce.
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce.
* 1/4 cup mustard.
* some Italian seasoning,chili,oregano.
* some bay leaves.
* olive oil.
* lemon juice for serving.
* mix all and marinate chops in a bag for 1-2 hours then roast uncovered in a medium heated oven till done.